Heavy Haul of Fame
In 1998 the IHHA Board of Directors established a procedure to recognize outstanding people who through their dedicated efforts had advanced heavy haul rail operations and technology. The purpose of establishing a Heavy Haul of Fame is to publicly recognize eminent and dedicated persons who have contributed significantly to the pursuit of excellence in the fields of engineering, operations, and management of heavy haul railways.
For an individual to be considered for election into the Heavy Haul of Fame that person must meet or exceed the following criteria:
- A minimum of ten (10) years active involvement in the heavy haul railway industry.
- A significant contribution to the development by either theory or practice, to heavy haul railway engineering, operations or management.
- A general recognition by their peers of having in-depth knowledge of heavy haul issues and a willingness to share this knowledge and experience.
- Leadership and visionary attributes.
- Outstanding professional and personal character.
Election to the Heavy Haul of Fame is made at the Annual Board of Directors Meeting and the Award Presentation is made at the next IHHA Conference or STS meeting.
The Directors of the IHHA hold the Heavy Haul of Fame recognition as the highest honor it can bestow upon an individual who has been outstanding in the heavy haul railway industry. The IHHA Directors sincerely believe a single individual can make a significant difference and it is appropriate to publicly recognize these accomplishments.